Whether you’re a current Coursera online student or simply looking to enhance your understanding of the world, listen up. One of the big MOOC (Massively Open Online Courses) leaders has just launched a mobile app designed to make mobile learning incredibly simple.
From the looks of it, they’ve succeeded.
Even in the first iteration of the app, I’m quite impressed with how simple and straightforward the interface and content is. It’s accessible, clean, and simple to use. That means it’s great for teachers, school leaders, and students of just about any technological skill level. Better still, it means the future iterations of the app are going to be even better. Look for a lot of useful features over the coming months.
In the tumultuous world of MOOCs, it’s clear that companies must innovate to make their dream of educating the world a reality. This app is a natural step for Coursera and shows that they’re taking big strides to make sure you can learn wherever you want to.
About The App
With Coursera, education is free, open, online – and now mobile!
Coursera connects students, professionals, and lifelong learners everywhere with free online courses from over 100 top-tier global universities and institutions. Browse courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors anytime, anywhere – on your commute or on the treadmill, whether you’re interested in cooking or computer science.
- Browse over 500 courses in more than 20 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
- Enroll in courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
- Learn from top instructors representing more than 100 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
- Stream lectures online any time, or download for offline viewing
- Take courses in 12 languages including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian
- Education on your schedule – watch short, modular lectures during your train ride, coffee break, or any other downtime in your day
The Coursera app is the official companion to Coursera.org site – catch up on lectures and prepare for assignments on the go!